Last night I finished watching Breaking Bad. Just as I felt after the last episode of Dexter, LOST, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Seinfeld, Cheers, Sex and The City, and too many other shows that consume my life, I feel empty. Walter White, Jesse Pinkman, Saul Goodman and even Hank are going to haunt my dreams until I can find my next addictive series. Right now I am at the beginning stages of withdrawal. "Those people" who say "Oh I don't watch TV" are not normal. They are the ones playing sports, exercising, have hobbies, spend their time outdoors and wouldn't succumb to the prison of a television series. Who does that???
Here are some of my favorite lines from Breaking Bad. I am going to miss hearing them. Yo, especially from Jesse. Bitch!!!
1. "FUCK YOU BOGDAN! AND YOUR EYEBROWS!" – Walter White
2. "Look, Skyler, I just haven’t quite been myself lately. I haven’t been myself lately, but I love you. Nothing about that has changed, and nothing ever will. So right now, what I need is for you to climb down out of my ass. Can you do that? Will you do that for me, honey? Will you please, just once, get off my ass. You know, I’d appreciate it. I really would.” – Walter White
3. "Yo, Gatorade me, bitch" – Jesse Pinkman
4. (to Walt and Jesse) "If I ever get anal polyps I know what I'm gonna call them' Jesse 'Magnets!" – Saul Goodman
5. "Ah, like I came to you, begging to cook meth. Oh, hey, nerdiest old dude I know, you wanna come cook crystal? Please. I’d ask my diaper-wearing granny, but her wheelchair wouldn’t fit in the RV." – Jesse Pinkman
6. "This is my own private domicile and I will not be harassed…bitch!" – Jesse Pinkman
7. "Yeah Bitch! Magnets" – Jesse Pinkman
8. “You clearly don’t know who you’re talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!” – Walter White
9. Oh well, heil Hitler, bitch. And let me tell you something else. We flipped a coin, okay? You and me. You and me! Coin flip is sacred! Your job is waiting for you in that basement, as per the coin!" – Jesse Pinkman
10. “Some straight like you, giant stick up his ass, age what- 60? He’s just gonna break bad?” – Jesse Pinkman
Finding therapy through writing, self-reflection and the pursuit of what defines me.